Monday, September 24, 2007

Pedanticism.

I think Kane's favorite word right now is "fuse", because he is CONSTANTLY talking about fusing this and that together. He told me about the whole fusing plants thing, and how they might blow up, to which I replied, "I'm sorry. I don't think that's true." Then the other day he was talking about some Pokemon fusing together, and then he went right in to a story about how "people who specialize in snakes" keep tons of viles of snake venom with them because if you get bitten by a snake he can just give you some more of the venom from that snake and the two will cancel each other out and you'll be fine. He went on to say that the guy in the Simpsons with the "big bald head", Mr. Burns, went to the doctor and was diagnosed with "every disease known to man and three that aren't known to man". But, he said, if that really happened, you'd be fine, because "all those diseases would just cancel each other out." To this I replied, "I'm sorry. I don't think that's true." This time he came back with, "Well, MAYBE not. There's no way to know." I replied, "Kane, if a person had cancer and AIDS and pnemonia and arthritis and Parkinson's, the diseases would NOT cancel each other out. The person would be very, very sick." He was like, "Yeah; good point."

I am freaking EXHAUSTED at the end of every day. I wonder why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but if you turned 90 degrees to the right four times, you would cancel out all those turns you just made.

Give him this question to keep him occupied for awhile: Take a look at your bicycle. Why is it when the tire spins the outer portion spins faster(i.e.-moves a greater distance) than the inner portion even though they are part of the same object?

Anonymous said...

well, at least he's creative. maybe he could one day cure some of those diseases with all that "fusing", you never know.