Wednesday, May 06, 2009

More from AlaSHITco.

From Alagasco to me, after one phone call with a message referring me back to their 800 number that I've called several times in the last few days:
Ms. Agan,
Thank you for your inquiry.
We have been unable to contact you at 205-370-2953.
Please advise us if there is a more convenient contact number for us to reach you. Or, you can call us at 1-800-292-4008.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us via our website at www.alagasco.com.
Thank you for choosing Alagasco,
Customer Service


From me to Alagasco, after I returned the phone call:
I only received one phone call from you yesterday afternoon while I was at work. I have just returned the phone call, and the representative I spoke with only wanted to reiterate that the deposit was required because my service has been disconnected more than 3 times in the last 12 months. None of my complaints that I have raised have been dealt with, namely:
The information you sent me is condescending and not at all helpful for the following reasons. You wrote: "Unfortunately, we are unaware of personal circumstances unless we are notified." I notified you on April 30th that I would be unable to pay a $394 deposit because of several hardships, including unemployment and home foreclosure. You wrote: "We urge all of our customers to contact us when the billing statement is received if the amount billed will not be able to be paid on or before the delinquent date." I never received a billing statement saying that I’d have to pay the $394 deposit. The very next day after I received the note on my door, I called and told two different representatives there that I couldn’t pay it. You wrote: "For real-time account information you will be able to view your gas account using the “My Account” feature on our website." Clearly you do NOT have real-time account information; that’s part of my complaint. I had to pay a deposit that wasn’t mentioned anywhere on my account online, and still today is NOT REFLECTED ON MY ACCOUNT ON YOUR WEBSITE. I am currently ordering an electric heat pump from Alabama power and will contact you to cancel my services with you as soon as possible, as I find Alagasco to be lacking in every area of customer service and convenience. I intend to report this story to any one who will listen, and have already been discussing with with Fox 6, NBC13, as well as local newspapers.

Rest assured that I will be taking this matter up with anyone who will listen, including my lawyer, since no one there seems interested in offering anything remotely resembling customer service.


At this point I am becoming melodramatic and impulsively angry, but I don't know how else I can deal with such mind-numbing stupidity/insolence/assholeishness.

No comments: