Monday, December 01, 2008

Lessons.

Ah, you learn something new every day.

For example, yesterday I learned that I am indeed capable of looking a teenaged girl in the face and calling her stupid.

I was leaving my mom's and there were a group of kids playing football in the street. As I started driving towards them they all shuffled out of the way.

Except for one girl. Who proceeded to turn and look at me, standing in the middle of my lane, and just calmly watch as I drove towards her.

I slowed and slowed until my car was about four feet away from her and I came to a complete stop. She stood there for a few more seconds, laughed, shrugged, and moved to the side. I pulled up beside her, rolled down my window, and said, "Are you trying to be cute?" She laughed again and said, "No." I replied, "Okay, because it's pretty STUPID to just stand in the middle of the street in traffic."

Suddenly she looked really embarrassed, which took me totally by surprise as I was expecting some kind of "Talk to the HAND, GRANDMA" comment.

Then, as we pulled away, Reed said, "What did you do to that girl?" And then I felt guilty.

4 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Leave it to Reed. --Suzie

Anonymous said...

You are so saucy!

Anonymous said...

*I* think you showed great restraint and aplomb. I'm 99.9% positive that were I in that exact same position, I would be unable to stem the overwhelming tide of f-bombs that rose persistently to my lips. So, you know. Yay grown-up!

Birdie said...

Bwah ha ha. I probably would have just flipped her the bird so I commend you on your restraint. :)