Thursday, August 16, 2007

Them's my boys.


Them's my boys.
Originally uploaded by buffpuff
I haven't had much to say lately; we're all trying to get back into the routine around here.

Kane rides a different bus to the middle school than he did for elementary, and this one picks him up at 6:30. That's really quite a change, as we can usually all get away with sleeping until 6:30 and still being (somewhat) on-time to our respective obligations. Plus, Reed usually wakes up whenever he hears the rest of us wake up, so when I get up to get Kane up at 5:55, Reed gets on up, too.

The best part is how the middle school is about two miles away from our house, and Kane has to meet the bus an hour and a half before school starts. I find it to be an effective way of teaching children how random and pointless and backwards the world is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is all part of the school's master plan to cut down on bus riders. "So you don't want to drop your kid off and you only live 2 miles away? Hmm, how about you have them ready and out the door at 6:30 a.m.?"

L. said...

At least they get to ride the bus. Since we lived so close to the elementary, middle, and jr. high schools, we didn't qualify for bus pick up, so Mom usually dropped us off in the mornings and then *I* got to walk up that big ass hill home every single day from fifth grade all the way through ninth. It was lovely, let me tell you, esp. in May when it was all hot and steamy. Yum yum. :|

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The boys are beautiful.

buffy said...

i have to drop reed off at daycare on my way to work in the morning, and i have to be at work at eight a.m. the means i have to leave the house at 7:15 to get to work on time. unfortunately this means that i can't take the kids to school myself, because you're not allowed to drop kids off before 7:30. plus, since the bus runs whether my kids ride it or not, it's better for the environment if i let them ride it- it's one less car sitting in the twenty minute lines in front of the schools.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I understand that it's a luxury to drop the kids off. I was just wondering why the school chooses to be sadistic about the pickup time.