Saturday, July 07, 2007

I need a muscle relaxer that relaxes that brain muscle.

Today was an exhausting day. I'm pretty sure that this whole "not blogging about work" thing is going to make my head burst off the top of my body. Since I don't want that to happen, I'm pretty sure that I'll be blogging about work pretty soon. I intended to do it tonight, but I'm just so damn tired, and it's a big, long, specific problem I'm having at work that I'd like to write about, so I think I'll write about it tomorrow or Monday.

Suffice it to say that today I walked out of work after being berated on the phone for twenty minutes straight by a grown woman, and I went and sat in my car and hyperventilated for another twenty minutes. I really really REALLY almost just drove off. Then I thought I would go in and write a long letter, and then leave. I spent an hour writing a five page letter, but I was calm by the time I finished so I stuck around for the rest of the day. I left the letter on my boss' desk, and she's returning from a trip Monday morning, so I figure we'll have a long talk then.

We shall see how this turns out. I'm either going to quit, or get fired, or something else will happen. I'm not being secretive; I'm just not sure what the third option is. But I'm sure there is one.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I hope there is one! I feel almost exactly the same way lately. Really sucks. I tried to pull my steering wheel off yesterday morning in a jerky-seizure type fashion. It's not something I will be able to handle for much longer if something doesn't give me a effing break. Hope all works out sweetie. If not, we'll job search together.

Cheryl Hagedorn said...

I've written several posts about lady bloggers who've been fired and referenced you in one of them. I've since had a comment from a woman who feels that her blog isn't all it could be because she's so busy reining herself in out of fear. I was wondering if you care to address her.
http://blooking.blogspot.com/2007/08/lady-bloggers-who-got-fired.html