Saturday, September 01, 2007

This week has been bone-crushingly hectic at work. The owner's sister passed away last week and the funeral was on Monday, then we had a big event on Wednesday, then the rest of the week has been spent getting back to normal from those two big deals. This job is deceptively high-stress, in that it's one of those things like knitting- you think, "Knitting: low stress." That's what I thought about this job. And now I'm all getting hung up on more than once a day, hauling around heavy, heavy buckets, getting yelled at randomly for nothing every few minutes. I'm SO lukcy to have this job.

I am currently eating a bean burrito and watching It's a Big, Big World with Reed, and learning how fish hearts work. I have to tell you, when I was a kid and I imagined what my life would be like, if someone would have given me 17,000 chances to guess, I never would have guessed that I would live this life that I'm living right now. And I mean that in a good way. And a weird way.

Tonight we're throwing a party for our friend Mason, on account of he eloped and didn't even give us a chance to watch and then get drunk and tell Joy embarrassing stories about him. LOOK OUT, because tonight's the night.

1 comment:

Thom said...

I have a quote from Anne Frank that I live by.

"In spite of everything life is good."