Friday, July 03, 2009

Some things Reed says.

The kid is hilarious, by the way.

For one thing, he randomly adds the letter d to ends of words. "I'm Batmand!" or "What about Kaned?"... come to think of it, perhaps it's only words that end with n? Because he'll also say "oned" and "wond" and "rund". What's really odd about it is that it's not all the time; in other words, sometimes he'll say simply "Batman", but other times it's "Batmand". WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY KID IS IT AUTISM DOES HE NEED RITALIN WHAT THE FUCK?

I should add that perhaps it's me with the problem; I had to type "KID" about fifteen times because every time I did it, it came out "DIS". Hm.

We're also smack-dab in the middle of a begging phase, a phase that, if I take into account my own mannerisms throughout childhood, should last approximately 26 years, I think. The other night he was begging for us to let him have another popsicle, and he actually implored to Jason, "Please, man. Man, please." Jason and I both cracked up and gave him the damn popsicle, for the love.

Also lovable and odd is "yaw". Reed says "y'all" frequently, but it comes out "yaw". "I want to come widj yaw!" "Do yaw want a popsicle?" "Can I ride widj yaw?"

OH MY GOD IS HE A HICK WHAT THE FUCK?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems as if little kids have more exaggerated southern accents. You heard those tapes of us when we were in grade school? Jeez! I can't believe he called Jason "Man." I think he's been a comedian from the start...

--k

Anonymous said...

but you guys do have exaggerated southern accents.

some jerk

Anonymous said...

BTW...Reed may be suffering from Southern Language Disorder, Leeds subtype.