Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy birthday, Steph!



Originally uploaded by cuttingroomfloor
Way late, but late is better than never.

I've been "written up" for being late to work, because the mornings are so unpredicable so I'm late to work sometimes.

Then this morning, I got a nice, fat speeding ticket trying to hurry to work. The sad part is that I would have been on time if I hadn't gotten pulled over.

Stupid, inconvenient policemen.

I made my first sale on Etsy, and I have some serious awesomeness that I'm working on to post on my store some time in the next couple of days. I have high hopes.

Our finances are totally in the shitter, but my marriage has really been enjoying some good times lately. I'm not perfect, but I'm working on it; I think Jason enjoys watching the process.

To all of you who have been saying nice things to me, sending me sweet messages and calling me and spending time with my defective ass, I love you. The people who surround me right now are the best I've ever had. I've never felt so supported, so cared for, so loved in my entire life. Y'all just brace yourselves; it's either going to get so much better or so much worse from here- and either way I will react with a lot of yelling, spanking, hugging and drinking.

To the folks I know who are waiting for me to break, who are banking on my downfall, I hope one day you get a life. This one isn't yours, and it ain't going no where.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speeding tickets are gross. I am going to bully Andrew Thompson about trying to get you a job in Leeds. He is on the lookout. Maybe when Jason's schedule gets better, you'll have an easier time.

It seems like things have achieved some sense of clarity. Maybe you're getting over the hump?

kat

Thom said...

I dilligently read your blog and support you and actually do care about you from my home, far away.

Let ther be more drinking!

Anonymous said...

Yeah the police have really been cracking down on speeding, especially on the interstates around Bham(not sure if you go on those or not). Fortunately I drive extraordinarily slow by both my own nature and that of my vehicle.

Just remember that all of the naysayers and badgerers have a place in the grand scheme of things as well. They let you have a focus for your frustration other than yourself.

I still think you should buy that mobile burrito shack.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the bday wishes... i'd like you to know that i totally agree with jason l. it's hard to be depressed with mexican food in your mouth. ;)