Monday, April 14, 2008

No carns, no mums, no babies breath.

The weather has been so summery, so breezy and comfortable and sunny and happy, that this sudden cold spell is making me very grumpy. I'm cold and irritated and my nostrils hurt.

But Reed made me feel better a moment ago. He's obsessed with this little pink pirate dude that came with a pirate ship bath set his Grandmommy 'Cile gave him for his first birthday, and he takes it with him to bathe every night. When Jason was getting him out of the tub, I heard Reed saying "I give it to mommy! I give it to mommy!" Jason brought him in to me (into my crack den, where I smoke the crack), and he handed it to me and said, "There, mommy. He loves you."

Just about as sweet as it gets.

It's like a midget rodeo around here lately. My two-year-old does handstands- I am not shitting you.

The past few days I've thought about little else besides getting ready for our show at Speakeasy this Thursday night. There is a lot of photo-matting that must be done, and I'm feeling kind of nervous. I've been right on top of Jason, reminding him to print this and paint that and go get stuff and check stuff out. It's MARVELOUS for our marriage, as well as for Jason's opinion of me. He thinks I'm great. Really. The nagging- that's sexy. Just a little marriage advice from me to you.

At work today, I learned how to make corsages. It's a big deal, and I'm very excited about the learning because the more I know about what I do, the more valuable I become. That and one day I will rule the world, and the ruler of the world must wear the best corsages on a daily basis. Now I know how to make my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd made me a corsage for law prom--there is always next year!! In case you haven't noticed, Bottletree is having a prom in early May, maybe you could get an exclusive contract to make corsages for attendees; I think they'd want baby's breath and carnations, though.
I can't wait until Thursday, it is going to be awesome--and worth some nagging! We're in finals-mode, so I'm sure Chris an Jason can trade tales of bitchin' ladies (bitchin' as a verb and not an adjective).
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
kat

Anonymous said...

You would also need a fancy lady hat to the rule the world in. Maybe one with a bird on it...

S.J.