Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day!

In honor of Earth Day, I am posting a link to an article about some really scary shit that is in all that make-up we be usin'.

It comes from Filter For Good, which I think is a pretty cool website.

Something I've been thinking about a lot lately is BPA in plastics. For a while the only place around town that I'd seen BPA-free products was Whole Foods, and that stuff is EXPENSIVE. You cannot put a price on the health of your family, but when you have $100 to live off of for two weeks and you have to buy FOOD, you gotta come up with some priorities, right? But recently I found some neat BPA-free stuff at Wal-Mart, which now has a Save and Live Green section on their website. Listen, I haven't always been a big fan of Wal-Mart, and I'm not sure that I'm a fan now, but it's our only realistic shopping location right now, so I'm glad that they're offering some affordable, Earth-friendly options.

No comments: