Saturday, January 05, 2008

Here's to a new year.


DSC_0150.jpg
Originally uploaded by cuttingroomfloor
We definitely had a good time on New Year's Eve- we talked, made stuff, drank champagne out of paper cups, and made good use of the timer on our camera.

The next day, Reed and I both fell ill with what can only be described as "worse than the end of your life because it keeps on going". The coughing, the snotting, the sneezing and flying snot, the sore throat, fever- in other words, the works. Jason has spent this entire week wrangling an angry toddler, and I've spent most of it that way. The time I haven't been wrangling a toddler I've spent in bed shivering and cursing the gods, shaking my fist at the sky and feeling very sorry for myself.

Finally last night Jason and I met the limits of our parenthood, and around 9:30 we put Reed in his crib and said "GOODNIGHT." He cried and screamed off an on until around 2:00, when he fell asleep and slept until 9:00 this morning. It was good.

Today I think we both feel much better, with just a bit of snot hanging around for good measure. Jason is in Tijuana, and now goes by the name Cymbilugia.

If I find him I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Thom said...

I tried to help you find Jas... I mean Cymbilugia. So I did a google search and, um, he's right where you left him.

Happy Snot Year!

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same name!!!