Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Some Reedy thingies.

- Right now, one of Reed's favorite things to watch is Hee Haw. My mom has the complete Hee Haw on dvd, and he watches is obsessively when he's at her house. And I mean that he sits right in front of the television and doesn't move, except to sway back and forth to the music.

- Right now, Reed understands pretty much everything we tell him. We talk in complete sentences, and he responds in mostly complete sentences. He lets us teach him how to do things, and he sometimes sits and listens calmly when we explain why he can't do certain things.

- Right now, Reed is somewhat obsessed with birthdays. Like, every day is someone's birthday, mine or daddy's or his own. Yesterday my mom invited Reed over to spend the night, and Reed and I were sitting on the futon talking about it. I said, "Do you want to sleep here or at ma's?" "I sleep at ma's." "Okay, you want to go to ma's to spend the night?" "Yep. HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAY!"

- Right now, Reed also loves to watch Finding Nemo, Wiggles, and Yo Gabba Gabba. Yo Gabba Gabba is the children's show I would have made if I had made a children's show. Sadly, Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo beat me to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should all run away to DJ Lance Rock's magic boombox. It seems way more fun than the flower shop or law school--or our other random jobs. At the very least, there is a whole lot more dancing!

Anonymous said...

I second kat's motion and say we move forward with the project.

L. said...

Am I the only one whose brain bleeds following every viewing of YGG? I mean, it's a cool idea, don't get me wrong, but I can't hang. Except for Biz Markie -- I can hang with Biz.