Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm gon' let the sun shine in.



Originally uploaded by buffpuff.
So things are slowly getting better around here. Reed hasn't had fever since Friday night, and I suddenly became able to breathe yesterday. This was some crap, I tell you. Reed had the fever from last Saturday until Friday night. That's a pretty long-lasting virus. Jason witnessed me having a full-blown, gasping, fear-of-dying asthma attack on Friday, which I've never had before. I'm a once-a-month kind of gal with my inhaler, and throughout this sickness I've been using that sucker about eight or ten times a day. It's been really awful.

But, I'm hoping that we're on the other side of it now. Things are getting better for Reed and me, and I'm praying that Jason, Kane and Jude don't get it. Jason's feeling kind of snotty, but hopefully it'll pass. He's got a big honker; it gets the snot sometimes.

This weekend we're taking off for New Orleans with Kristi, Linnea and Lindsey, and I am READY. Our original hotel choice called to say that they were closing for repairs, so we had to find a place at the last minute. The place we're staying now is more expensive but totally sweet. It's on Toulouse Street right in the French Quarter, so I'm pretty sure that we're going to mix it up quite a bit. It will be a short but MUCH NEEDED respite from the past couple of months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw jeez!!!!! What a freakin ordeal! I wish I had been here to maybe be of some comfort. I also wish I could smash the medical professionals who did that. Over work...blah blah blah, but--Great Scott!! I'm glad the storm is over and can't wait to catch eachother up on our harrowing weeks. I love you! kat
PS I'll ask the lawyer types I know if they know anything about stuff...