Friday, March 02, 2007

Sopping it up.


DSC_0268.JPG
Originally uploaded by buffpuff.
Well, the worst of the weather missed us. It got pretty green and still outside for a while, which was nerve-wracking, but every time I looked at the news the funnel clouds were north and south of us. We got some rain, wind, thunder, and lightning, but that's about the long and short of it. It makes me feel so lucky, especially with all the damage in Enterprise, Alabama. A lot of people died down there, and all that's been on the news since is the really heart breaking eyewitness testimony of teenagers and teachers and other people who experienced the tornadoes firsthand. I hope everyone down there is able to move on and recover from this terrible tragedy, a tragedy that Alabamians deal with almost every year.

I found out yesterday that one of my close friends had a house fire earlier this week. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE? My grandparents AND one of my friends, two days apart from each other? What are the odds? It's just so random and bizarro. I can't even really come up with any sort of commentary on the subject because it boggles the mind so.

So for now I'm going to change the batteries in our smoke detector and buy a fire extinguisher. You best do it, too, because it's going around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you want to help those people in enterprise, you should donate blood. there is a shortage, and all those injured will need it.